- Due Sunday by 11:59pm
- Points 80
- Submitting a file upload
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Understanding Politics: Ideas, Institutions, and Issues 12th edition by Thomas M. Magstadt
- Lesson: In primary school, many of us dutifully recited the Pledge of Allegiance and took history classes extolling American virtues. Even though primary school is over, political socialization continues. One need only think back to the football players who recently took to their knees during the Star-Spangled Banner to see political socialization in action. Those players risked ridicule from the entire political establishment and citizens. We are socialized to be ideal citizens, loving freedom, hating tyranny, and respecting political socialization. Luckily, in this United States this has not turned into nationalism leading to a totalitarian government. This week is about how we are socialized to become ideal citizens.
Aristotle defined tyranny as an illegitimate form of government by one individual that tightly controlled every part of life and government. Adolf Hitler is the most notorious tyrant. Using a totalitarian society from the past or present, discuss how the state and its leader attempt to impede citizens from exercising their rights. In your discussion, explain some components of an “ideal citizen,” consequences of voter apathy, and ways the state controls the citizen.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 2 scholarly sources)
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Week 5 Assignment: Essay – Ideal Citizen in a Totalitarian Government appeared first on Nursing Experts Help.