Hypertension is one of the most common chronic diseases you will diagnose and manage as NPs. The renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS) is the main regulator of blood pressure and several drug classes work on this cascade. The JNC-8 EBP guidelines will be your gold standard for blood pressure management.
Conduct a search using AccessÂ® on JNC-8 Lipid and RAAS guidelines.
Create a diagram showing the RAAS cascade using standard flowchart symbols (boxes, shapes, and arrows). Include the following in your diagram:
- Identify the proper organs that are part of the RAAS cascade.
- Insert the following terms in the proper location within the cascade.
- Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE)
- Angiotensin II
- Angiotensin I
- Identify where in the cascade each of the following mediation classes works by clearly notating your diagram:
- Renin inhibitor
- ACE inhibitor
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARB)
- Aldosterone inhibitor
Write a 90-word summary of your diagram.
Submit your diagram and summary.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post nrp 511 week 4 hypertension appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.