legal and ethical considerations in healthcare
Risk management, quality improvement, and compliance programs have discrete applications within a healthcare organization, yet they have complementary goals. The motive for these programs is to improve all aspects of the patient experience. There are external regulations and requirements imposed on all organizations, and these regulations are controlled by the internal processes designed by each organization.
There is an expectation of care and trust between patients and their healthcare providers. An organization needs to be vigilant in all circumstances, particularly those involving patient safety.
A. Explain the problem in the attached “Compliance Management Scenario” from a compliance management perspective.
1. Explain how the compliance officer would proceed to aIDress this problem.
2. Analyze whether this problem was a violation of compliance to regulations or if it would be a legal concern.
3. Describe the circumstances step by step to identify each mistake as it occurred.
4. Develop a basic plan to prevent this type of problem from reoccurring.
a. Explain necessary changes in the work flow or work tasks that could aIDress this problem.
B. Explain how the health informatics and information management (HIIM) department staff could assume a leadership role in teaching compliance behaviors to clinical staff members to mitigate legal risk.
C. Develop a basic plan to teach the clinical staff ways to improve clinical documentation.
• Include information on informed consent and release of information as they relate to privacy.
D. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code “Newclient”
The post legal and ethical considerations in healthcare appeared first on My Nursing Assignment.